Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Day of Relaxation

Quick Language Note: 好可 pronounced hao ke ai, is a way to say “How cute” in Mandarin Chinese. For example: Look at that little baby! Hao ke ai! 


Today, August 28th 2013 is a day for us to relax. We are leaving early tomorrow morning at 5:50am to begin our two week travel seminar, where we will visit different provinces in China. Our first stop tomorrow is Kunming, China. I don’t know much about Kunming, so I am very eager to learn all about the city. I heard that during our travel seminar we will be seeing panda bears! 好可I am also looking forward to seeing the Great Wall. Did you know that the Great Wall of China is the largest structure in the world manufactured by human beings!? Cool huh? I probably will not be blogging for these next two weeks because I may not be able to access blogger.com from my mobile device, we’ll see. Follow me on Instagram at: spenceralise to get the latest photo updates. I’ll be posting pictures from the travel seminar. Look for more blog posts after September 10th. Be sure to read the next two posts titled: What I learned About Myself and When I Knew I had to Learn Mandarin. Catch up with you guys soon!

View of Beijing from my dorm room

No comments:

Post a Comment