Saturday, March 1, 2014

I'm Only an American Girl Trapped in a Chinese World on Days That End In Y


Welcome back to my blog: American Girl Trapped in a Chinese World!

千里之行始于足下 translates to: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
-Lao Tzu

For a quick recap of who I am and how my Chinese obsession began, be sure to read my first blog post American Girl Trapped in a Chinese World.

This is where I talk about EVERYTHING Chinese! From the Mandarin language to my four month study abroad experience in China, all of it can be found right here, because after all, I'm only an American girl trapped in a Chinese world on days that end in Y.

What to look for next? 

I'm interested in working on ways to promote stronger relations between Americans and Chinese people. I was recently accepted into an International Honor Society, Phi Beta Delta, which recognizes achievement in international education.

 I would like to dig deeper into these relations and focus on how we can develop a better understanding of each other. A lot of Chinese students are coming to America to study abroad and look for ways to "fit in" with American society. These students are so quickly expected to merge in with the new society and face the challenges that come with studying in another country. I often ask myself: How can we make them feel at home?

These are ideas I will be exploring. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me:

Email: spenceralise@comcast.net
Instagram: thespenceralise
Twitter: @theSpencerAlise

Thank you to all who have been reading my blog posts. There's so much more to come!

Jia You! (加油) (Keep going!)

Spencer Alise

COMING UP: NEW BLOG POST ON CHINESE NEW YEAR. READ ABOUT HOW SOME OF MY FRIENDS CELEBRATE THIS SPECIAL HOLIDAY:)



No comments:

Post a Comment