Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Naxi Village and A Hike





I would like to share with you all these photos I took from the very beginning of my trip. During the two week travel seminar I got a chance to experience how people live life in the villages, and believe me, it's extremely different from life in the city! You don't hear the honking of cars, you don't see streets filled with pedestrians, and you certainly do not feel that same sense of hustle and bustle as you would in Beijing for example. The people living in this particular village are Naxi people, another ethnic group in Yunnan Province. As I walked through this Naxi village, I began to wonder if the people here ever had a desire to move to a city. I constantly asked myself, "Are they happy with this lifestyle? Do they ever feel too isolated from the outside world? Yet I realized this is life for them here. Their families have lived in the village for generation after generation and therefore, this is what they call home.

 The link below will direct you to the slideshow I created. In the slideshow, you will see photos I took while in the village as well as scenic photos from a five hour hike I accomplished in order to reach the village. If you have any thoughts or questions please do not hesitate to comment below. I hope you enjoy what I put together!

Link to slideshow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNFcQgadDqc






No comments:

Post a Comment