Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chengdu, China: Home of The Giant Pandas :))





Quick Language Note: 熊猫 are the characters for Panda in Chinese, pronounced: Xióngmāo. 

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THIS SLIDESHOW OF PICTURES I PUT TOGETHER. YOU WILL SEE PICTURES OF THE CITY OF CHENGDU, THE GIANT PANDA AS WELL AS THE RED PANDA. ENJOY!

Link to video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJhg__K2F0o&feature=youtu.be


I love the city of Chengdu. Chengdu is a large city with a lot of people, but it didn't feel too overwhelming while I was there. I was told that city life in Chengdu is not very fast-paced. Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan Province, located in Southwest China, where the cute and cuddly animal The Giant Panda can be found (see pictures below). However don't be too fooled by this cuddly animal. They're known to not like human contact and are capable of biting humans' limbs off!!!



I learned that most of their diet consists of bamboo and they are known to live in areas populated by ethnic minorities in China, such as Tibetans, Yi and Qiang people. The Giant Panda is an endangered species. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all help out in some shape or form to save these adorable mammals?

  I hope you enjoy the slideshow of photos I put together of life in the city of Chengdu, and of course the life of the pandas :) Please check out the montage by accessing the link at the top of this blog post. I will also post the link to the video on my Facebook page. There's so much more to see!
 





1 comment: